Coconut Panna Cotta with Apple Kiwi Compote
It is said that “One cannot think well, love well, nor sleep well if one has not dined well”. Forget the saying, but it’s true that it takes a good dessert to seal your rumbling breadbasket. Coconut Panna Cotta is one such easy-to-make creamy giggly dessert.
Coconut panna cotta with apple kiwi compote
Do you have a sweet tooth towards Italian sophisticated desserts and puds? Ever tried preparing these at home but had to satisfy your borborygamus with not-so-satisfactory results? I know I have! But not anymore… Coconut Panna cotta is one of the easy, yet luxurious desserts to route for. Flavour it with an apple kiwi compote and wallah, the showstopper for your grand nush-up is ready!
WHAT IS PANNA COTTA?
Panna Cotta, or “cooked cream”, is an Italian dessert which is nothing but sweetened cream held together with gelatin! Panna cotta and it’s topping can be flavoured as per your liking, few of them may include coffee, chocolate, vanilla, or even mango.
I’d be penning down the recipe for coconut flavoured panna cotta served with apple kiwi compote that serves 3.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR YOUR PANNA COTTA
- 200ml coconut milk
- 150ml heavy cream
- Half cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- vanilla extract
- Finally, Apple and Kiwi for your compote
HOW TO PREPARE COCONUT PANNA COTTA
- Add the gelatin to a bowl of warm water and whisk until the lumps are evened.
- While the gelatin is kept aside for blooming, bring in your coconut milk, cream, and brown sugar to heat in low flame. PS: Do not boil the coconut milk.
- Stir in drops of vanilla extract, do not shadow the coconut taste with vanilla though.
- Remove the coconut panna cotta mixture from heat and whisk in the gelatin.
- Pour in the mixture to small greased ramekins (use coconut oil to grease if you are planning to invert the coconut panna cotta) and set it to refrigerate (well and good if you can leave it overnight)
- Gussy it up with the apple kiwi compote prepared and serve chilled.
Apple Kiwi compote preparation:
To prepare your apple kiwi compote you’ll need to chop in Kiwi and Apple as per your need. Place the same, with sugar to taste of-course, to cook. Smash in the kiwi and add a little bit of water. Keep stirring until the mixture has reached the level of consistency you need. PS: You can also add gelatin/pectin if you’d prefer your compote more jelly-like. Finally, you can squeeze in few drops of lemon for a slight tangy touch!
Well then what are you waiting for, start tinkering on your own panna cotta recipe!!
NOTE: What is your go to dessert recipe? Share your favourite experiment in the comments below 😉
6 thoughts on “Coconut Panna Cotta with Apple Kiwi Compote”
My younger daughter likes this recipe….she said she’ll try it after her exams..
That’s great!! It’s quite easy to make 🙂 Do share how it goes!!
the taste still lingering in my buds, yummy yummy, asking for more..
🙂 Shall do more experiments once I’m home!!
Sounds so exquisite, exotic, marvelous!! Will have to give it a go ❤
Sure should!!! It’s really delicious 🙂